Town of Wellfleet MA
- South Wellfleet - 02663
- Wellfleet - 02667
Wellfleet is located halfway between the tip and the elbow of Cape Cod. This small community of just around 2,000 residents grows to six times as large in the summer. 70% of Wellfleet is protected land, nearly half of which is part of the Cape Cod National Seashore.
Wellfleet is known for their oysters, which are celebrated at Wellfleet OysterFest in October.
Located in a 1750s house, the Wicked Oyster is known for its seafood and updated New England comfort food. Head over to Moby Dick's for hearty New England seafood standards. Moby Dick's is BYOB. PB Boulangerie Bistro is a local favorite, serving up classic pastries and hearty French cuisine. Marconi Beach Restaurant is the place to go if you're in the mood for southern-style, wood-smoked barbecue, but also in the mood for a classic Cape Cod clam shack.
Students from Wellfleet attend Nauset Regional School District schools along with students from Orleans, Eastham, and Brewster. They also attend Wellfleet Elementary School, Nauset Regional Middle School, and Nauset Regional High School. High school students may choose to attend Cape Cod Regional Technical High School in Harwich, for free.
Wellfleet Outdoors & National Seashore Walks
- Wellfleet and Truro Ponds Trail (3.4 miles)
- Beach Hike (25 miles)
- Great Island Trail (3.6 miles)
- Pilgrim Spring Trail and Small's Swamp Trail (1 mile)
- Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary (1.6 miles)
- Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary (Massachusetts Audubon) - Bay View Trail and Fresh Brook Pathway Trail (1.9 miles)
- Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary (Massachusetts Audubon) - Goose Pond Trail (1.4 miles)
- Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary Trail (3 miles)
- Town of Wellfleet
- Helpful Telephone Numbers
- Wellfleet Public Library
- Wellfleet School and District Profiles
Wellfleet Real Estate
Begin your home or land search in Wellfleet, Cape Cod:
Contact us for any questions or additional info about living in Wellfleet.